Visa Requirements for Scotland
Depending on where you are travelling from, there are a few simple rules for travelling to Scotland.
Information is available on regulations concerning the length of your stay, how much money you can bring and what products you can take in and out of the country.
Application forms, information on how to apply for a visa, as well as guidance for visitors coming to the UK.
• Visitors to Scotland and the UK must hold a valid passport before starting their journey, and which will remain valid for the duration of their trip
• All visitors who wish to enter the UK must meet the requirements of the UK immigration regulations
• EU citizens can stay in Scotland for as long as required
• Visitors from other European countries, outwith the EU, can stay for up to three months
• Visitors from the USA, Canada, Australia or New Zealand, can stay for up to six months, providing they have a return ticket and funds to cover the trip
• Visitors from any other country in the world will require a visa
Please note that we cannot enter into correspondence with the UK Authorities on your behalf and any invitation letter does not imply any financial liability on our part.
A valid driving licence is required to drive in Scotland.